By Amer Taleb
Note: Khutbah was given by Dr. Scott Lucas
- Today’s Jummah was special. There’s only a handful of Jummah prayers during Ramadan and we should take advantage of them.
- Fasting in Ramadan is not enough. You must also excel in your behavior and go the extra mile to improve your character (Keeping promises, patience,…)
- Look to increase the amount of beneficial knowledge you posses.
- Even non-Muslims admire the passion past Muslims pursued knowledge with. Be proud of that and follow your ancestors’ lead.
- An analogy was drawn from a cell phone recharging its battery life to a Muslim recharging their soul. Look to rejuvenate your religion before Ramadan is gone.
- There was a fundraiser for Al-huda school. Thousands of dollars were raised.